Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A couple of projects coming off the granite!

The pick guard is getting the edges done and being delivered to the new owner.  The eye case recently finished was a practice piece.

What a milestone!

Happened this morning!  Man, she is still running like a 20 year old.  Can't beat a Honda Ridgeline!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Small Belt Pouch Sample

I am making a small belt pouch for an upcoming class in October.  I am putting on a Spanish Round Braid lacing stitch.  Almost done and ready to post it at the classroom store.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Project Weight

Here is my new weight covered in tooled leather.  Ray Pohja inspired Northwest Floral Design!

Eye Glass Case

Here is a new eye glass case for me....nice Sheridan style design.  The pattern move on me during tracing and I ended winging the cuts....whew....it came aright!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Next level of the Swivel Knife Make-over!



Well, the Clay Miller Tool Shop just notified me that the barrel has been completed and ready for delivery. The shaft was lathed to fit the swivel knife out of 'Purple Heart' to match the recent custom maul with a matching handle.

Here are some photographs. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Swivel Knife Make Over

A swivel knife from my collection has complained long enough, so it is going into the shop for a make over!  Stay tune!

Monday, September 20, 2010

My two new books from Japan

Thanks to Simon......I got my two books to add to my collection....at the recommendation of my friend Ryu-Kun.  Wow...nice projects!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Strat Pick Guard

I have allowed the dye to dry overnight, added the resist last night and used a medium brown antique paste.  As you can see it looks wet.  I put a coat of Tan Kote and it is drying before trimming.

My new clock face

Well...it is complete.  I decided to go ala natural since it will be under glass.  For my first clock face....I am very satisfied with the out come.....now to skive the edges and glue it to the old face.  Any comments are always welcome!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dyed After Tooling

I decided to complete this project using a two-tone dyeing method.  Here I have dyed the background and exterior using a Fiebing's medium brown oil dye.  Once it completely dries....overnight....I will hit it with some Neat-Lac.  I am using Neat-Lac since there is a high likelihood of sweating or moisture coming into contact during use....so I want to offer as much protection as possible.

Tooled Pick Guard

I completed the swivel knife cuts this past weekend while my skated.  During the night skating songs...cutting became a bit challenging...in fact I found that I missed a couple stickers, but because I continued to keep my project in a plastic bag until I could complete my project.  I completed the tooling late, late last night along with the basketweave stamping.  Since this is going to a Texas musician, I thought my stamp with a star would fit appropriate.  Stay tune

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tooled Clock Face Plate

My son hit a clock and it broke the glass.......so.......I thought why not make a new face plate....this way I can get a project done AND get some practice since I will be away from tools and leather this week for work.  I hope you enjoy it!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tooled Picture Mat

Here is my latested completed frame mat for an 8x10 size frame.  The oval came out a little larger than I wanted so I decided to turn it into a double layer mat inside the oval.  Stay tune!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tooled School Binder

Well, the binder is complete!  It has been commandered by the new owner already.  Had to sneak it out of her bag to capture some photographs.  I ended up lacing the edges with brown calf in a double loop technique.  Whew...glad these beast is done!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Picking Stitching Thread

The spine was glued on with two coats of contact cement.  A stitching punch was used to mark the spine for stitching.  I will use an awl to complete the stitch hole and sew it on.  Next will be the liner and final trimming. Stay tune!

Dyed Binder Project

Well....here are the pieces to the binder finished....I am getting ready to trim and glue the interior and add the binder rings.  The last stage leading up to this step was a bit difficult and scary.  I thought I ruined it but was saved by a last minute corrective thought.  Whew!

Tooled Picture Mat Completed

I decided to start a new picture frame mat....the design was my Japanese friend Ryu-Kun.  What an awesome pattern!  I haven't decided on the finish yet.

Droid Cellphone Case

Here is my new Droid cellphone holder....it came out so nice I believe I will replace my black one with this style.