Monday, February 28, 2011

Cellphone Case Dyed

I applied some Fiebings Mahogany dye to the case minus the floral part.  I then applied two good coats of Clear-Lac.  I have the antiquing left and on to the interior and belt tab.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Background Dyed

After my oil settled in, I applied Fiebings Light Brown Oil dye to the background.  The next step will be to dye the outer portion of the case.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

iPhone Cellphone Case

I am working on an iPhone case for a good old friend.  It was a quick tooling job with a repeat pattern.  It is ready for some oil and then off to a two-tone dye job.  Stay tune!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Design in the Works!

Working on a design for a couple of new projects.  These are commission pieces for a local private swim club.

Practice, Practice, Practice!

Had a small window of down time so I decided to get some practice time in.  Another piece of scrap from my box...nothing goes to waste in this little tiny shop of horrors!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Another Coaster

I had a vision of a design for a coaster...so I found a fitting piece of leather scrap and pounded away.  I have a package heading to Aussieland so this might go along.

Monday, February 14, 2011

New Swivel Knife Holsters

Here are some new swivel knife holsters.  These will be going to worthy receipents next month.  Who knows...maybe I will keep one for myself this time.

Credit Card Sleeve Completed

Here is a new credit card sleeve that I completed for our next leather guild meeting.   The oakleaf was finished with a Eco-Flo medium brown antique gel and two coat of RTC finish.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dye Job on Credit Card Sleeve

I decided to be a bit different and dye this wallet in multi colors.  I selected Fiebings Oil Black for the background.  Once it dries, I will be dyeing the leaf in multi colors.  I can envision it, but I hope I can translate it onto the leather.  Stay tune!

Credit Card Sleeve wallet

Here is a wallet project that I am working on for next months leather guild meeting.  I don't too many oak leafs so I thought that I would give it a go.  There is not too much room for tooling on here.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Cowboy Cuff almost done!

Here is my new project that is almost done.  This is my very first cuff that I have attempted.  Not too many requests for this item in my circle.  The rolled edge lining was very interesting to accomplish!  The dye is Eco-Flo medium brown antique gel.  I slightly damped the leather prior to applying the gel to get a more even fimish.  Two coats of super sheen was added for a finish. The edges were completed using some Fiebings chocolate dye and some gylocerine soap on a canvas rag.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Completed 5 Saddle Fenders

Here are all the miniature saddle fenders after they had the resist and antique paste has been applied.   The second shows my miniature up against a normal size fender.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Leather Guild Meeting & Demo

Last night, I attended the Longhorn Trail Leather guild club meeting at Tandy Leather Austin.  We had an awesome demo by saddler maker Brad Cooper on the use of the swivel knife.  Brad also talked about the importance of practicing with your swivel knife and offered many pointers.  Brad took it a step further and created this "Tap-Off" for all the members that attended to help them with their swivel knife practice.  Thanks Brad!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fifth Miniature Saddle Fender Completed

Here is my fifth miniature Saddle fender completed using an F.O. Baird design from the 1940's.  This pattern is definitely old school, but I really like the design layout.  There will be one more miniature saddle fender completed before I close this series out.  Stay tune!