Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coin Case Done

I prepared the project for stitching after sanding my edges with a drum sander.  I then placed a groove around the perimeter the thickness of my project.

I used my modified Tandy chisel to make my holes.  I then used a 4 cord black wax thread for this project.

Since both of my stitching ponies are out of commission,  I used my modified desk stitching pony......a couple of weight bags and the edge of my block.

After sewing I worked on my edges and finished with a finish product.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Coin Case is glued

After the skiving is completed, I placed a bead of contact cement around the perimeter of each piece.  I then connected the pieces where they needed to be placed.

Coin Case

I took some black latigo scraps and decided to make a coin case from a pattern I modified.  After cutting out my pieces, I reduced the thickness and skived the pieces with my head knife and skiver.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Interior Coming Along

I have been assembling the wallet interior slowly but surely.  Each credit card panel is glued in place and the secured at the bottom. 

Friday, July 22, 2011

New Wallet Project

Here is a new wallet project for a relative.  This wallet back was laser engraved with the family name and family crest.

I designed the interior as you can see in my drawing.  The interior was cut from 2oz veg-tan.

The interior has been cut out.  The edges have been prepared, skived and edges finished. 

Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Project

I committed myself to my local Starbucks Batista for some leatherwork to go with this guitar.  The guitar will be donated to a new youth group band.  I decided on a pick guard cover with the ministry logo and saying.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Front Pocket Wallet Design/Pattern


Here is my new front pocket wallet design pattern that I recently finished. My follower are welcome to use it for personal use and not for resale. I have one condition; you post a picture on my blog wall showing how you used the pattern. I am excited to see how your wallet turns out. The print out results are 8.5" x 11"

Good luck!

Friday, July 8, 2011

New belt design

I've done floral mainly and geometric belts recently, I thought that I would now try oak leaves.  Here is a leaf that I found from the 50-60s.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Coach's Wallet Completed

Well it's time again to check off another project.  The coach's wallet is completed and scheduled to be delivered next Saturday at a team gathering.   I hope he enjoys it.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lacing Wallet

Interior Glued

On this coach's wallet, I glued the interior on and trimmed it even.   I then proceeded with scribing a light perimeter line for my lacing holes.  Now it is time to start the lacing.  My Q&A section decided on a medium tan lace for this project.  Due to the thickness,  I decided on using a triple loop lace technique.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Tooled Hardrive Cover

Sewing & Edges Done!

After trimming the edges a bit, I marked my stitching holes using a #7 stitching wheel and proceeded to stitch.  I used a 5 cord white cotton thread waxed. 

When the stitching was completed I trimmed the leather and rounded the edges.   I then proceeded to finish my edges. 

The whole project was covered with RTC for a finish. 

Until I get back on the road again, this will have to sit on my desk as a paper weight.  On to the next project.....