Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Badge Holder is Done!

I stitched the perimeter of the project using cotton 4 cord waxed thread. I lightly cased the folding point and placed some of my leather weights on it overnight. Interesting, I actually complete these projects ahead of the their debut on my blog to keep the site renewed with new projects and information. Thus said, in my message to the new owner wishing them a Happy New Year, I included a picture of the project. He was really excited and I thought his response was pretty cool. On to the next project, but first some experimenting since I am taking on another 'applique' project for an upcoming foundation benefit auction. Stay tune!

4 comments:

  1. Did you use the same process as "Finishing The Edges" on this project? I'm doing some natural colored key fobs and am trying to get that same dark edge. Is there other method besides using the soap? Maybe bees wax? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and thanks for responding. I finished my edges as previously posted on here. On this project, I dyed the edges with a Fiebings Lt. Brown spirit dye. It came out a bit more reddish than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! Dig the way she came out!

    ReplyDelete