Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inlay Project is Complete!

After making sure that the glued areas made good contact, I took my trimming knife and squared up the project into one piece. There really wasn't any special reason to do this since it is just a practice piece, but this is just what I do. After trimming my leather, I took my chisel and created the holes for my stitching.
I then took some cotton wax thread and stitched the perimeter of the ribbon logo. I am really not too happy with my stitching holes, but I keep telling myself this is just a project. The stitching was just for giggles. So here you go.....how I made an inlay logo. I hope this was helpful to any of you that want to tackle an inlay project in the future.
Stay tune for another great project!

No comments:

Post a Comment