Thursday, January 12, 2012

Making the Base for the Inlay

Once the cement became tacky, I started to put back the cut out pieces like a puzzle. I tried to stay within the lines when the pieces went back together to re-create the ribbon. I used a burnishing tool to press the pieces down to make sure that they joined with the backing. I would also like to take this moment to thank one of my followers for correcting me. You see I learn something new everyday and I am always open to correction. Apparently, I called this technique "applique" and I was incorrect. This technique is apparently called "inlay" just in case you are all wondering why the names changed in my postings for this project. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment