Sunday, March 11, 2012

Preparing Cap Ends

In this posting, I have taken my cut circles and will mold them using a vegetable can. To prevent any metal transfer or discoloration, i have sprayed the can ends with lacquer. I took my leather circles and submerged them into warm water and left them there until the bubbles stopped coming from the leather.
I took the wet leather and centered them on the can top. I then started to fold the leather down around the can making sure there are no wrinkles in the leather. I carefully worked the leather around the can and allowed it to dry a bit before I wrapped width rubber bands to keep it in place. These cap ends were allowed to dry for few hours before the rubber bands were removed so they were not marked in any way. The cap ends were allowed to dry overnight before I proceeded to the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment