Monday, April 9, 2012

3-Piece Floral/Geometric Belt

Here is a special belt that I was commissioned to make for a young lady in Florida. She happens to be a great role model for our youth and holds a youth Rodeo Queen title for her area. When we started to communicate, I quickly learned how proud she was of her title and how much she loved horses. I also learned that she was supported by her mother who provided all of her equipment. As with all of my projects, I was given the freedom of design for this project. I decided on making a 3 piece belt because I haven't had a chance to make one before. I have seen several makers who have produced these belts and they looked really good, so I wanted to give it a try. I decided to make a belt that incorporated floral & geometric design concepts. For assistance, I went to see Dan & Lynn at Uptmors Saddlery just east of Waco, Tx. I was able to get quite a bit of help and ideas for this project. Dan took it a step further and clicked out a couple of sets of 'tips' for me, as well as, drew the floral part on the 'tips.'
So, here we go......

No comments:

Post a Comment