Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gluing the Liner

The main body was the only part that required a liner. I decided to use pig skin in black as a liner. I thought the black color was blended well and does not take away from the exterior color. I applied two coats of Master's cement to the interior of the main body and the liner. Of course, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second coat. When the final coat of glue became tacky, I (carefully) folded the liner back staying away from the glued part before applying it to the main body. I carefully aligned one side of the project with the liner. I rubbed the liner onto the project with my hand to make sure that I got good contact. I tried to keep the main body in a contour (round) shape as I applied the liner. I wanted this contour shape to be the final project shape.
Once I applied the liner, I used my glass burnisher to rub it against the liner from the center out. This was just an added step to make sure that I received good contact between the two glued sides. The next and final steps are the end caps and burnished edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment