Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Gluing the Liner
The main body was the only part that required a liner. I decided to use pig skin in black as a liner. I thought the black color was blended well and does not take away from the exterior color. I applied two coats of Master's cement to the interior of the main body and the liner. Of course, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second coat. When the final coat of glue became tacky, I (carefully) folded the liner back staying away from the glued part before applying it to the main body. I carefully aligned one side of the project with the liner. I rubbed the liner onto the project with my hand to make sure that I got good contact. I tried to keep the main body in a contour (round) shape as I applied the liner. I wanted this contour shape to be the final project shape.