Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lady's Pink Ribbon Belt Bags

Earlier this year, I saw a request for items to auction off for a Cancer Survivor Walk in Boston, MA. The requester was a cancer survivor and was putting on the benefit. After a bit of discussion and messages, I decided to make a couple of belt bags designed for ladies. If some of you remember, I posted an inlay test piece on this blog some time back. That test piece was for this project. Let's get started! I took some 5/6 oz piece of leather to start these project bags. I had made some cardboard patterns for these bags, so I used them to trace out the parts on the leather using my custom awl. Next, I used my round knife and cut out the parts scratched out on the leather. Below, are the beginning parts for the smaller (brown) bag. Next step.....inlay of the ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. Interested to see your work in progress!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. If you are interested in the inlay process....keep a watch. It is coming up!

    ReplyDelete