Sunday, June 10, 2012

Swivel Knife Cuts

After transferring the pattern lines, I took my swivel knife and cut the pattern lines. I started out with the perimeter border using a Barry King Beader blade. I used a ruler for the straight lines stopping short of the curved corners. I carefully used the beader blade to cut the corners slowly and carefully. I made sure to start with the lines and connect to the lines taking it passed the straight line cuts to blend them. I then took my swivel knife and cut the corner patterns out. Finally, I used my swivel knife to cut the oval shape where the photograph will be displayed. Then I took my beader blade followed the original cut to create the bead. I was careful to turn the leather while cutting to make sure the cut was smooth. Now we are ready to tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment