Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Clicker Modifications 1 & 2

For the first modification, we will be removing the downward pole shown in the picture above. Now, I have noticed that some clicker mods that I have seen; this pole was left in place for a removable top steel plate. I just felt that I could achieve more square per inch pressure by modifying it flat.
I took a Sharpie black pen and marked the post where when cut it would be flat with the rails all around. I then took my 1 1/8" stroke Sawzall and cut the post off. I also used some oil to ease the cutting process. Now, there is a smaller Sawzall with a 3/4" stroke that should work, but know that it make take a bit longer to cut the post. This piece will not be needed for this project.
At this point, I would suggest that you install the two eye bolts onto the lower hanger as shown in this photograph. Once the upper plate is welded on there will be no room to attach them. To make sure that they do not come off, I would use some form of thread lock, adhesive or a simple couple of taps to the end of the threads. This piece can be placed aside until the final assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment