I moved on to the back cover and initiated the tooling process after completing my swivel knife cuts. I decided to go out of my comfort zone and pick some out of the normal flower centers. It is a Barry King Spinner. So basically, I went all "G" with it. The rest of the stamping process was completed in normal fashion.
Once all of the tooling & embossing was completed, I allowed the moisture to evaporate from the leather. I then applied a thin coat of EVOO to the entire project. I used EVOO versus Neatsfoot Oil because in my opinion, the EVOO will usually not darken the leather at all. I allowed the project to sit overnight before I proceeded with the next stage..........dyeing!