Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Attaching the Liner and Creating the Holes.



I grabbed an extra piece of leather at about 2 ounce to use as liner for the back piece. Before I make the holes, I have to glue the liner and back piece.



After applying a coat of contact cement to both pieces, I allowed it time to become tacky before putting them together. I made sure to align the pieces together and used my glass burnisher to make sure good contact was made.



I used my 1/16" hole punch to make the necessary holes for the speedy rivets.



all of the holes have been made on both pieces. If you are interested in making this project here are the hole placement measurements. Left piece: Center holes start from the bottom at 3/8" from the bottom edge. The center hole is located at 1" from the bottom hole. The top hole is located at 1 3/4" center from the middle hole. Each hole on the left and right of the center are approximately 1 1/8" centered from the respective center hole. The Right piece has the following hole locations. The center holes are centered like the Left piece. The respective holes to the left and right are located at 1 5/8".



Next week, we put this bad boy together and complete another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment