Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rolled Edges, Straps and We Are Done!

After the liner and cell phone pocket were installed. I applied glue to the edge strip and inside of the top of the bag. I allowed the glue to set up tacky and carefully folded the edges inward. I used wax paper to protect edges where I was not working from attaching when not ready. As you can see in this photograph this procedure creates a beautiful rolled edge. I sewed the rolled edge down all around the perimeter of the bag. After gluing the strap pieces together, I sewed the perimeter of each strap leaving about 1.5 inches unsewn at each end. This area will be used to sew the straps to the bag as seen in this photograph. Well, we are done with another project! This photo shows a side view of the bag. In this photo is the what the interior looks like with the liner. And, here we have the finish product......the SoCo Savannah Market bag. My better half had the honor of breaking in this bag boy. She has had about 6 offers to sell the purse, but as with most bags she gets from me, this one is not for sale! Thanks for following this blog and stay tuned for the next project, tip or trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment