Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Wine Bottle Balancer


I decided to take both of my skills to the test. I had seen a wine bottle balancer made from scrap exotic wood made quite some time back. Since I am always looking for ideas to create with leather, I saved this one in my file. Well, the time came to put this project to work. Of course, I could not do this alone so I asked a great leathercrafter for some help in designing a unique pattern for the leather. The pattern credit goes to Mr. Wayne Decker at Bar U Custom Leather. If you are in the market for unique leather products, check him out on Facebook.


After some searching on Google, I found the exact size of wood plank that will work for this project. After some measuring, I sketched out a paper pattern to give me a reference. The one important thing to keep in mind is the bottle neck hole.


I made a 'tap off' from the paper pattern that Mr. Decker created for me. The 'tap-off' is made to be used repeatedly when using the same pattern. I used my 'tap-off' and stamped the pattern on my leather piece for this project. I used my swivel knife to cut the lines and tooled the pattern.


I used my backgrouner tool to complete the entire background. Now, since I made several of these project, I changed up the final designs. With some pieces, I colored the background and with others I left it natural.


Here is the final product for this project. I actually kept this one for my better half.

I would like to wish all of my blog followers a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment