Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Re-Tool(ing).....Well Kinda!



I recently took the opportunity to purchase a set of four (4) Craftool 'Pro' checkered bevelers at my local Tandy Leather store while they were on sale (1/2 price). I recently decided (last year) that it would be nice to have a set of steep smooth bevelers to add to my collection. I could have easily called my friend and supplier, but I had this idea to try to do it myself. When I found this set on sale and what a sale it was, I couldn't pass the opportunity up.

I took my checkered steep bevelers that I purchased quite some some time ago from Barry King and marked the 'Pro' tools using a thin Sharpie marker. I crossed my fingers and cuts each tool using the appropriate saw being careful to lock the tool in place prior to making the cut.

Once the cut was made, each tool was carefully rounded on each side and made smooth with the appropriate sandpaper. Next, each tool was polished using some rouge on a cloth wheel until they were shiny. Each tool was checked for defects and re-polished for a smooth finish.





Front view:





View of Angle:

Note: I want to thank my friend Clay at Clay Miller Tools for the help and guidance with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment